If you are a Michael Stewart Pressure Washers Limited customer or a visitor to our website, we act as the ‘data controller’ of personal data. This means we determine how and why your data is processed. We are registered as a data controller at the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA516537
To contact Michael Stewart Pressure Washers Limited with a data protection query please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a customer, please also check the contracts between us as they may contain further details on how we collect and process your data.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes or if you become aware that we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
- If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, your employees, counterparties, your advisers or your suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it.
Information we collect from you
We collect personal information from you when you contact us via telephone or email, chat to us, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
When you purchase a product from us, we record your name, contact details, the location at which the product will be located, and the serial number of your product (so a service and repair history can be recorded). We also record invoice history and payment method.
Some of this personal information, such as a way to identify you, is necessary to enter into contracts with us. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary but may be necessary in order to conclude a transaction.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our services, provide you with a personalised experience, contact you about your account and our products and services, provide you customer service, provide you with advertising and marketing materials, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Personal information you give us when you are a customer of ours, visit our website, or contact us:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email address.
- Data that identifies you: Your IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation information about where you might be, operating system and version.
- Data on how you use our website: Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, how long you stay on our pages, what you do on those pages, how often, and other actions.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- You may also provide us with other information via chats, questionnaires, consultations, dispute resolution or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our services.
- Additional information we are required or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Details of our processing
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information:
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you, provide you with our products and services, and to comply with our legal obligations. This includes:
- To contact you regarding your contract, to troubleshoot problems with your contract, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, and postal mail.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services.
- Contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text, or postal mail in order to offer you additional products and services, discounts and special promotions.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS/text, or postal mail.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed in an unauthorised way.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need to access your data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How we share your personal information
We do not share your data with other parties and will only disclose it if it is required by law or with your consent.
- The right to access the data we hold about you.
- The right to object to direct marketing.
- The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interest.
- The right to erasure (in some circumstances).
- The right to data portability.
- The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate.
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing.
To exercise any of these rights please contact email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with any of our responses to any queries, then you can submit a complaint to:
Information Commissioners Office
14 Cromac Place
Telephone: 028 90 278757